Saturday, July 9, 2016

Decorating with Antiques

If you are like me, you love anything old!  I live in New England, where there are many Antique shops of various varieties and while I've always enjoyed browsing through them, I've never actually purchased anything.  My reason is simple.  I don't know what to do with them!  After spending an afternoon in Essex, Massachusetts I went in search of online images to help me visualize how to decorate with Antiques.  I offer these images for others that are in search of inspiration.  So, the next time you walk into an Antique store you will know what to do when you discover that great vintage treasure!


SOURCE: mohawkhomescapes.com
I love the use of this antique server in the
middle of the kitchen.  It adds both character and storage.

SOURCE:  foter.com
While I would probably not use suitcases in my own home,
I think it's a very clever idea! I also love the antique mirror and table in the hallway. 

SOURCE:  housebeautiful.com
I love the simplicity of Victorian furniture and I think it's ideal for small rooms. 

SOURCE:  bryc95elite.com
I am currently in search of a roll-top desk like this one.
There is something unequivocally charming about it!

SOURCE:  rustic-crafts.com
This antique French table is still very popular today.  I've seen it in Restoration Hardware. 
If you enjoy refinishing furniture you can buy a table like this in an antique store for only $300.

SOURCE:  decoholic.org
I've held onto this photo for a while.  I love the doors, the row of antique canisters,
the table and the flower pots.  I wish I had a room to decorate like this!

SOURCE:  architectureartdesigns.com
You could find this antique canister and bench in
almost any antique shop.  Look how beautiful it looks in this foyer.

SOURCE:  mimimalisti.com
I love the beautiful chair and tables, but the French entryway
antique doors takes this room to a whole different level!

SOURCE:  countryliving.com
This antique serving tray adds character to an otherwise boring room.

SOURCE:  mercatoantiques.com
I like the use of the Tuscan doors on the walls rather than pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment